Billie Eilish’s concert goes on sale. Thousands of fans want to buy a ticket at the same time, the system crashes… “I wish we selected Ticketmatic” you hear the organiser think…
Ticketmatic develops a SaaS platform that distributes more than 15 million tickets annually. Our customers are the largest concert halls and theatres in Belgium, the Netherlands and further abroad.
As a developer you will work directly on our most important applications that are used daily by thousands of ticket buyers and users.
You work on improvements and features big and small, in cycles of a few weeks. You will be working in a small team of 5 developers where we work in a focused way on the improvement of the product.
Here are some examples of the work you will be doing every day:
- Build a waiting list system where ticket users register when an event is sold out.
- Build support for a new Payment Service Provider
- Research how to improve the performance of a specific feature.
- Perform a database migration to roll out a new feature.
- Monitor the systems during an exceptional peak sale.
- You know you are an exceptionally strong developer.
- Extended knowledge of PHP. Experience with Symfony is a plus.
- Experience with complex, large projects for example distributed systems, microservices,... (Ticketmatic is an extensive application incorporating many manyears of development)
- Knowledge of standard software engineering practices (git, unit/integration testing, documentation, continuous integration, version management,...)
- Good knowledge of web technologies and API development (HTML, JSON, REST,...)
- Some supporting services are built in Golang. Optional experience or interest in Golang is a plus.
- You have a Master degree in Information Technology or you have an equivalent level by experience.
- You can clearly communicate your methods and expectations with the team.
- Autonomy and sense of responsibility are a must.
- An exciting and challenging job where you can learn a lot.
- Employee or freelance, both are possible.
- The possibility to play an important role in a young and innovative company that grows internationally, with offices in Leuven, Rotterdam and Berlin.
- Flexible working hours, set your own schedule.
- Freedom to travel and work from anywhere in the world.
- Ability to work wherever you are most comfortable (home, office, park, café, etc.)
- Reliable, consistent workload.
- A competitive salary, negotiable depending on skills and experience.
- 20 days of paid leave per year.
- Paid training and other professional growth opportunities.
- Allowance for your home office, or for a co-working space.
Ticketmatic is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.